Reflections on 2010: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
Much like the first day of school the new year provides a fresh start and an opportunity to build upon what we learned during the previous year. I learned A LOT in 2010, both about myself, and the world around me. 2010 was a crazy-fun-busy-scary-amazing-tumultuous year for me. Below are the events of 2010 that were most impactful.
- FEBRUARY: After 10 months without a paycheck, I found my dream job at San Francisco start-up Rapleaf! By far the most brilliant and dedicated group of professionals with whom I have ever had the pleasure of working.
- MARCH: Attended SXSW Interactive in Austin Texas. This is one incredible conference. Best part for me was meeting many of my Twitter friends face-to-face. There is something inexplicably precious and rare about these friendships.
- MARCH: Turned 40. 40 is the new 20. I don’t look or act my age, but some mornings my knees feel like I’m 90. Finally, I’m the age of a “grown-up”.
- AUGUST: Terror strikes. Diagnosed with Cancer. WTF?!?! No one wants or even expects to hear the words “Malignant Melanoma”. Frightening stuff. I was extremely lucky. Early stages. No radiation or chemo necessary. Surgery was a complete success. I’m proud of my 5-inch scar. I am eternally grateful for the outpouring of love and support from my friends near and far. The experience would have been much scarier without you.
- AUGUST: My twins entered Kindergarten. How is it possible that my babies are old enough to attend school already? And who knew there would be this much homework already? My little men make me proud every day.
- DECEMBER: Resigned from my “dream job”. Though I will miss my friends and colleagues at Rapleaf, both the job and the dream changed. Time for a new chapter.
Looking forward to the new challenges, opportunites, faces, and places of 2011!
What were your big moments of 2010?